BSX daily trade
Butterfield shares surge 6.3% on BSX
Shares of Butterfield Bank gained 6.3 per cent in Bermuda Stock Exchange trading.
Butterfield gained $1.40 to close on $23.50 on the trading of 300 shares. The bank’s US-listed shares also climbed sharply on the New York Stock Exchange, jumping $1.03, or 4.39 per cent to close on $24.50 as 157,505 shares changed hands.
Two stocks besides Butterfield gained ground as The Royal Gazette/BSX Index climbed 61.71 points, or 3.63 per cent, to close on 1,759.85.
Argus Group Holdings added six cents, or 2.2 per cent, to close on $2.79 on unusually high volume, as 175,000 shares were traded.
One Communications Ltd gained ten cents, or 2.6 per cent, to close on $4 as 3,285 shares changed hands.
BF&M Ltd was the only stock to fall. The insurer dipped 50 cents, or 2.8 per cent, to close on $17.50 as 6,000 shares traded.
BSX trading volume amounted to 185,125 shares, while turnover totalled $615,600.
The BSX Insurance Index gained 6.44 points, or 0.48 per cent, to close on 1,342.62.
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive