Privacy Commissioner posts daily cybersecurity tips
To coincide with Cybersecurity Awareness Month, the office of the Privacy Commissioner for Bermuda is publishing daily tips and advice for Bermudians to help protect themselves and increase their online security.
The aim is to help people “understand security issues in a real and practical way”.
Every day this month, a dedicated webpage will be updated with more resources on cybersecurity and how it supports privacy.
Alexander White, the privacy commissioner, said: “Security is a critical component to protecting privacy. The Personal Information Protection Act instructs organisations to protect personal information with appropriate safeguards that may vary depending on what exactly the risk of harm may be.
“We are excited to join in with our cybersecurity colleagues to provide some plain-language tips that everyone can use to protect themselves, their businesses, and their family members.”
View the cybersecurity daily updates at https://www.privacy.bm/post/cybersecurity-awareness-month-2020
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive