A new Bermudian company is planned to reinsure $5 billion of annuities issued by American Equity Investment Life Holding Company.
Värde Partners, a hedge fund, will establish the new reinsurer.
The plan is the product of a strategic...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Tuesday Sep 29, 2020 8:00 am
PartnerRe has appointed Nicholas Hughes to the newly created role of head of retrocession, and made two hires to further...
- Sep 29, 2020 8:00 am
American Financial Group Inc has reached a definitive agreement to sell GAI Holding Bermuda and its subsidiaries, which...
- Sep 28, 2020 2:29 pm
Reinsurance companies were hit financially on both sides of their balance sheets because of the impact of the Covid-19...
- Sep 28, 2020 8:00 am
Mark Simons has rejoined insurance broker Bowring Marsh in its financial and professional liability placement team in Bermuda,...
- Sep 25, 2020 8:00 am
A record number of participants attended the Bermuda Captive Conference, which was held in a virtual format for the first time...
- Sep 23, 2020 4:52 pm
Almost three in four employees of a group of Bermuda’s international insurance companies are local, a report released today...
- Sep 23, 2020 8:00 am
The Bermuda Monetary Authority has cancelled the insurance registration of Phoenix CRetro Reinsurance Company Limited, a...
- Sep 22, 2020 2:11 pm
Maamoun Rajeh has been appointed a director of the board of Women in Reinsurance, the organisation for professional women...
- Sep 21, 2020 5:59 pm
A former American football star, who won four Super Bowls with the Pittsburgh Steelers, has been appointed to the board of...
- Sep 19, 2020 8:00 am
Convex Group Limited, the biggest insurance start-up in Bermuda’s history, has named its Bermuda and UK chief executive...
- Sep 19, 2020 8:00 am
- Ruberry joins Catalina from StarStone
- Algorithm-driven underwriter gets $500m backing
- Arcadian Risk launches in Bermuda
- Court forces Hiscox to pay disputed claims
- Strategic Risk Solutions to acquire Dyna
- Phinsys launches finance data dashboard
- Economist: hold off on far-reaching changes
- Report highlights re/insurance role in disaster recovery
- Experts see ‘sustained’ hard insurance market
- Horseshoe wins reinsurance facilitator award
- Hamilton Re names Thomas as new CEO
- Biltir creates three new board positions
- BF&M posts half-year profits of $10.4m
- Keynote speakers for Convergence 2020 named
- Students complete broker internships
- Sompo adds Diversified to crop insurance business
- Aspen takes $187m hit from Covid-19
- PwC: growing interest in captive formations
- Beale to speak at Biltir’s virtual conference
- RMS says insured Laura loss could reach $13bn
- BF&M sells majority stake in Barbados insurer
- Virtual captive conference reveals speakers
- Sompo appoints Plessis to new role
- DARAG strikes $40m novation deal
- Island features strongly in world’s top 50 reinsurers
- AIR: Laura insured losses up to $8bn
- Fergus Re hire Bermudian professionals
- Fidelis enters contingency and fine art markets
- Monument Re to acquire Isle of Man business
- Hamilton to build international M&A portfolio
- Jagoda joins Aeolus Capital Management
- Abir creates data and privacy task force
- Maiden Holdings reports $9.2m profit
- SiriusPoint deal ‘not about expense reduction’
- Hoffman moves from Allied World to Everest
- Commercial insurance prices surge 19%
- Essent profit dips 89% as borrowers struggle
- Investment gains drive $798m Enstar profit
- SiriusPoint aims to be ‘steps ahead’ of class of 2020
- Island reinsurers Third Point and Sirius to merge
Woman shot dead in Pembroke
A fighter and survivor
Children’s retailer born out of lockdown
Health comes first for Brown
Plans for healthcare pushed to voters
Fire service shown ‘total disregard’
Party leaders in the hot seat
The Spot restaurant for sale
Brunson believes ‘disquiet is boiling’
PLP rejects independence claim
Take Our Poll