Chubb Limited plans to increase its quarterly dividend of a 25th consecutive year.
The board will recommend the increase to shareholders at the company’s annual meeting.
The proposed move would lift the quarterly dividend from 71...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Feb 23, 2018 8:00 am
XL Catlin has appointed Claudia Thyme as director of emerging markets development.
She will execute the company’s...
- Feb 23, 2018 8:00 am
Since it emerged out of the liability crisis of the mid-1980s, Bermuda has faced many challenges — perceived or real — to its...
- Feb 22, 2018 8:00 am
PartnerRe Ltd reported net income of $72 million for the fourth quarter of 2017 — despite taking a $120 million hit from...
- Feb 21, 2018 5:33 pm
Cyber-risk management is the focus of a new conference that will be staged in Bermuda.
Experts in the field of...
- Feb 21, 2018 8:00 am
The Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers said it is encouraged by growth priorities spelled out in David Burt’s...
- Feb 20, 2018 11:58 am
Argo Group International Holdings’ board of directors has announced a 15 per cent stock dividend.
The Bermudian insurer...
- Feb 20, 2018 2:12 pm
Hamilton Underwriting Limited, the managing agency of Syndicate 3334 and the Lloyd’s operations of Hamilton Insurance Group,...
- Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm
Ninety students are participating in the BFIS High School Speed Networking lunches this week to help them gain a clearer...
- Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm
A three-week period featuring the sale of Validus to AIG, a major profits warning from Aspen and reports that XL is in...
- Feb 16, 2018 8:00 am
There is a global insurance gap, and it’s a big one. Natural catastrophes caused $350 billion of economic losses last year,...
- Feb 16, 2018 8:00 am
- Aspen’s unit closure impacts staff
- Lancashire stress tested by catastrophe losses
- McGavick: M&A is in the air
- Storms in Europe leave a $2bn insurance bill
- Norton provides science edge for XL Catlin
- Argo Group report $28.9m profit
- PartnerRe signs deal with agritech firm
- Arch beats expectations with $203.5m profit
- Scholarship renamed to honour late CEO
- Fitch: more dealmaking probable this year
- Sirius secures $300m credit facility
- Essent profits receive $85m tax-reform boost
- XL shares surge on buyout interest report
- Axis CEO: previous actions tempered losses
- BII raises profile with new CEO
- Best comments on US tax change impact
- Aspen CEO: results ‘well below acceptable’
- Bermuda signed up 17 new captives last year
- Butterfield is new CEO of BII
- Luck appointed to key Lloyd’s board
- White Mountains invests in Kudu
- Blue Capital books double-digit rate rises
- Assured Guaranty reinsures Syncora business
- Validus launches new cyber-risk product
- Everest Re profit beats expectations
- Barbican launches new Bermuda unit
- Enstar takes full ownership of KaylaRe
- Chubb appoints new chief claims officer
- Sompo completes integration of business
- Validus takes a hit from wildfires
- XL profit falls to $28.3m
- Armour acquires Elite’s run-off business
- Huff: Bermuda market proves reliable partner
- XL Catlin hires Kopach from Everest
- Tax writedown drives RenRe to $3.5m loss
- Blue Capital reports no profit or loss
- Costliest weather disasters buffeted insurers
- Willis Towers Watson assists charities
- Wildfires hit Chubb’s income
- Enstar acquires Novae legacy business
Kurron Shares deal back in spotlight
Island turns out for Black Panther
Supersized gym sets up in Hamilton
Navy officer who kept Bermuda’s big secret
Bargain-hunters descend on clearance sale
Fairytale of New York
Ming: schoolchildren witnessed tourist death
Gay couple planning to leave Bermuda
Slain Connie remembered 40 years on
Motorcyclist injured in crash
Living the dream
ICO legislation set to be tabled next month
Senators row over medical scan fee cuts
Take Our Poll