Drink-driving trio fined and banned 18 months
Three men were banned from the roads for 18 months and fined $1,200 after they admitted drink-driving.
Eric Gerwitz, 24, pleaded guilty to the offence in Magistrates’?Court yesterday.
The court heard that Gerwitz, from St George’s, was stopped on his motorcycle the night of September 23 at a breath test checkpoint in Devonshire.
He told officers when questioned: “I had four beers.”
A breath test showed that Gerwitz had 91 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. The legal limit is 80/100.
Roderick Gordon, 37, pleaded guilty to drink-driving and refusal of a breath test on September 8.
Gordon, from Pembroke, was seen riding without a helmet in Hamilton before he made an illegal right turn.
He was pulled over by police and questioned, but he refused to take a breath test.
Stalin Naranjo-Aguilar, from Southampton, also admitted driving while impaired and refusal to give a breath test during a September 23 incident.
Police were sent to Warwick Post Office after they got a call from someone in the area.
Naranjo-Aguilar, 34, was found in his car near the post office.
He told police: “I had three beers.”
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Reluctance to swear an oath to the Queen
Stovell laments ‘indisciplined’ performance
Work starts on digitised national ID system
Fifty years of ministry at St Patrick’s
Autism campaigner wins award
The money flow effect and investments
Bermuda aiming to seal shock World Cup spot
Road death: daughter seeks closure
Return on AC35 not adding up, says Riley
TN Tatem meeting called off through apathy
Bo Bo was our Firefighter hero No 91
Remote working trend gathers pace
Cruise passenger forecast falls
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive