Senior denies making knife threat
A man denied threatening another man with a knife.
Earlston Phipps, 66, pleaded not guilty in Magistrates’ Court to threatening Jay Tucker with injury while armed with a blade. The incident is alleged to have happened on April 18 in Smith’s.
Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe released Mr Phipps, from Smith’s, adjourned the case until October 19 and released him on $1,000 bail.
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive