Senior charged with causing 2018 road death
A truck driver was charged in connection with the death of a motorcyclist two years ago.
It was alleged in Magistrates’ Court that Charles Johnson, 64, caused the death of Arthur Wales while drink-driving.
Mr Wales, 48, died after a collision involving a truck on November 3, 2018 in St George’s.
Mr Johnson, from St George’s, did not enter a plea as the case must be heard in front of the Supreme Court.
Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe adjourned the case until November 2 and released Mr Johnson on $10,000 bail.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive