BPSU to discuss austerity measures
Members of the island’s white collar union have been asked to attend an “urgent” meeting tomorrow.
A message from the Bermuda Public Services Union advised workers that the gathering was about “the Government’s austerity measures”.
It added: “Please make every effort to attend this important meeting.”
Public officers were told that the event will be in Victoria Park from noon.
They were advised that masks should be worn and that they must adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
The BPSU, along with the Bermuda Industrial Union and the Bermuda Union of Teachers, agreed to cost-saving measures from August 1 for most public officers.
The package was to take effect on September 1 for teachers and principals.
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive