Road closures for Throne Speech
Traffic diversions will be in place tomorrow while crowds gather for the Convening of Parliament ceremony.
David Burt, the Premier, will join MPs and senators as Governor John Rankin reads the Government’s legislative agenda for the year ahead.
Members of the public are invited to attend the event which gets under way at about 10.30am.
Sections of roads to be temporarily closed:
• Front Street, between Parliament Street and King Street
• exit to No. 6 car park
• Court Street, between Reid Street and Front Street (access will only be allowed for container vehicles entering/exiting the Hamilton Docks)
Traffic diversions will also be in effect at the junctions:
• Front Street / King Street
• Front Street / Parliament Street
• Court Street / Reid Street
Motorists travelling along East Broadway (Crow Lane) into the City of Hamilton are advised to use Spurling Hill, before reaching the traffic diversion at the junction of Front Street and King Street.
For the official notice and additional information on parking restrictions, visit http://www.cityofhamilton.bm/Traffic_Notice___Convening_of_Parliament.pdf.
Live coverage of the Convening of Parliament will begin at 10.30 am on CITV (OneComm Channel 2 and WOW Channel102).
Coverage will also be featured live on the Department of Communication’s Facebook page.
Take Our Poll
- What will be the best way to create needed new jobs?
- Attract more international companies
- Grow the population
- Reduce the number of non-Bermudian workers
- Develop new business sectors other than international business and tourism
- Retrain the workforce
- Total Votes: 5529
- Poll Archive