Space Heater Rules
Advice on electric heaters
The fire service has issued safety advice on electrical space heaters.
• keep heating equipment at least 3ft away from anything that can burn;
• do not plug power cords into an extension cord;
• turn off heaters when you leave a room or go to bed;
• inspect for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections;
• avoid using or storing flammable or combustible liquids nearby.
The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said in a statement: “Fire is fast. In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire.
“It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.”
For more information, e-mail FireProtection@gov.bm.
• To see the advice flyer, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
MPs urged to vote against quad bike use
CEO describes rise from humble beginnings
Arrest over alleged sexual assault of minor
Belco restores power to thousands
‘It will not prevent drink driving’
Somerset businesses feeling Cup Match buzz
Teaching the masters
Roadside sobriety testing welcomed
Take Our Poll