Space Heater Rules
Advice on electric heaters
The fire service has issued safety advice on electrical space heaters.
• keep heating equipment at least 3ft away from anything that can burn;
• do not plug power cords into an extension cord;
• turn off heaters when you leave a room or go to bed;
• inspect for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections;
• avoid using or storing flammable or combustible liquids nearby.
The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said in a statement: “Fire is fast. In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire.
“It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.”
For more information, e-mail FireProtection@gov.bm.
• To see the advice flyer, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
Sexual assault victim speaks out
Four Bermudians qualify as CPAs at KPMG
Repair business a labour of love for Ramotar
Back to the future for Eve’s Pond
Teenager admits new year robbery
PwC’s Kelly named as ‘one to watch’
Warren proving to be PHC’s little big man
Making short work of modelling career
Take Our Poll