East End club gets temporary closure
A temporary closure order has been issued for the East End Mini Yacht Club in St George’s from 7pm yesterday until 7pm today.
But a police spokesman said that Renall Caisey, the commodore of the club, had opted to keep the club closed until 10pm.
Police used their authority under the Liquor Licence Act Section 51 to shut down the premises after an alleged assault on a security guard last weekend.
Superintendent Claire Armes of the Community Policing Division ordered the 24-hour temporary closure on Wednesday.
The spokesman added: “It is hoped that this temporary closure will allow the management of East End Mini Yacht Club time to review the incident and improve the establishment’s security measures.”
Case against Tokunbo dismissed
New walk-in clinic delayed
Second councillor quits in St George
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Somerset steps up for Troy
Drink-driver injured motorcyclist in crash
Awards for five artists
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive