Bars allowed open until 2am
Bars and clubs are now allowed to stay open until 2am.
The hours were extended from midnight under changes to the public health regulations made last Friday and published in the Official Gazette.
A government spokeswoman said the changes came into force on Friday night.
Commissioner of Police Stephen Corbishley added: “There have been several changes over the various phases and occasionally there is some misunderstanding around what is in force and when.
“The Bermuda Police Service will continue to work with bar owners to promote compliance with the law and assist in ensuring the safety of patrons of these establishments.”
The emergency powers legislation introduced for the Covid-19 crisis is at bermudalaws.bm.
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive