Bus detours in Smith’s, Hamilton Parish
The Department of Public Transportation (DPT) would like to advise the public that there are currently detours in effect on Harrington Sound Road, between Devilís Hole Hill (Smithís parish) and Paynterís Road (Hamilton parish), for route 3 buses.
This is as a safety precaution, due to the road width being narrowed by roadwork along a section of Harrington Sound Road.
The detours will continue until the roadwork is complete Ė with outbound buses travelling over Devilís Hole Hill onto South Road, then through Paynterís Road back to Harrington Sound Road Ė while inbound buses will travel the reverse.
In addition while the detours are in effect, it is recommended that passengers who would normally use the Somersall Road bus stop, use the Knapton Hill bus stop instead.
Signage will also be put in place to direct passengers to the nearest available bus stops. DPT thanks the public for their understanding and cooperation.
ē Press release from the Department of Public Transportation
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive