The decision to end remote learning for public school pupils was made by the Government, the island’s teachers union said today.
A spokesman for the Bermuda Union of Teachers said that “no individual teacher or school made the decision to...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Apr 8, 2020 10:09 am
Teachers have been told to work with only what they are given by the Government in an escalation of a dispute over salary...
- Apr 8, 2020 8:00 am
Childcare services for essential workers are to be expanded.
Diallo Rabain, the Minister of Education, said the service,...
- Apr 7, 2020 9:36 am
Public schools will be reopened only when health officials give the go-ahead, the education ministry has said.
- Apr 6, 2020 8:00 am
The head of the island’s teachers union has slammed a decision to dock the wages of teachers who took industrial action in...
- Apr 4, 2020 8:00 am
Part of a childcare programme for essential services workers will be up and running today, the Minister of Education pledged...
- Apr 2, 2020 8:00 am
School staff were saluted for their hard work in the Covid-19 crisis by the education minister.
Diallo Rabain said that...
- Apr 1, 2020 1:43 pm
Almost three quarters of public primary schools ranked as poor or very poor in maths based on the average pupil score in a...
- Mar 28, 2020 12:53 pm
Bermuda High School for Girls and Warwick Academy have announced IB exams will be cancelled this year.
A BHS press...
- Mar 23, 2020 8:46 am
The Government got its sums wrong when it provided figures on pupil test results in mathematics, science and English, an...
- Mar 23, 2020 8:00 am
A plan to allow public school pupils to learn at home if schools are closed is being drawn up, the acting education...
- Mar 19, 2020 8:00 am
- Three private schools close over virus fears
- Covid-19: public schools to stay open
- House: signature schools update
- Firm selected to rebuild schools system
- House: consultants deliver maths boost
- Teaching job descriptions signed off
- Saltus pupils learn about women’s rights
- Success overseas for Berkeley students
- Readers to celebrate World Book Day
- Help for pupils with behavioural problems
- US education expert visits Saltus
- House: grants helping College students
- Santucci defends public schools system
- Northlands Primary celebrates local icons
- End of the road for TN Tatem
- Teacher: ‘There’s a huge part of Warwick missing now’
- Rabain: ‘consistent’ message on schools
- Richards: place children first
- Dellwood parents reveal grave fears
- BUT tears into Department of Education
- Dellwood staff revolt over ‘sudden’ sackings
- TN Tatem closure decision expected
- Warning over Jump Tripping Challenge
- BHS pupils show off creative talents
- BUT marks 101 years
- BUT ‘optimistic’ of paraeducators pay rise
- Career fair opens pupil’s eyes to the world
- Outerbridge named Teacher of the Year
- Somersfield Academy head to retire
- Pupils explore ocean technology
- Primary school registration begins next month
- BHS unveils new theatre, music suites
- Caledonian Society gives student $5,000 boost
- Charity puts focus on educational opportunity
Police warning: no visitors for quarantined
Morale boost with festive favourite eggnog
Online tool to tackle price gouging
Bake your hot cross buns online
Young mask maker inundated with orders
Veteran sailor lost at sea
Delivery service ‘gives hope’ to diabetics
Two arrested for breaching curfew
Virus claims first two lives
More troops called in to enforce lockdown
Burt dismisses Buzz attempt to act as grocer
Flight delivers 1,800 kits and 129 residents
Has the penny dropped?
Doorstep photographs capture an unusual time
Warning over false information
Ship passengers hopeful of quick return
Take Our Poll