The Government pleaded for patience today as it deals with large piles of Sargassum seaweed on Bermuda’s beaches.
The plant has washed up at numerous spots in the island’s first “inundation event” since 2011.
The Department of...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Jun 19, 2019 10:08 am
Impassioned student demonstrators joined a world movement for climate change awareness in a march from City Hall to Cabinet...
- Jun 15, 2019 8:00 am
Warwick Academy pupils cleaned up of a beach to mark World Ocean Day.
Year 10 Global Citizenship groups from the school...
- Jun 12, 2019 8:00 am
Rare footage of a cahow chick taking its first flight out to sea has been captured by a new camera set up at a wildlife...
- Jun 8, 2019 8:00 am
A film made to highlight the proposed development of a marine protected area by 2021 has been released.
- Jun 6, 2019 3:35 pm
A fourth video camera has been set up at a cahow nesting site in an attempt to film a cahow chick spread its wings and head...
- Jun 6, 2019 8:00 am
Bermuda’s recycling plant could handle at least four times the amount of waste it processes at present, it was revealed...
- Jun 6, 2019 8:00 am
A wave of sargassum seaweed made a colourful sight along the North Shore last week.
The floating yellow-brown marine...
- Jun 4, 2019 8:00 am
An active beehive has been found near the entrance of Fort Hamilton.
The fort remains open but the City of Hamilton...
- May 30, 2019 11:15 am
Three schoolgirls have joined an effort to outlaw sunscreens that can damage coral reefs.
Maya Rajeh, 14, Daphne...
- May 23, 2019 1:15 pm
An environmentalist and former MP is to be honoured with a Peace and Justice award from the Catholic Church.
- May 23, 2019 1:38 pm
- Roban: think twice on single-use plastics
- Robot reveals hidden depths of island’s seas
- Call for cameras to curb illegal dumping
- Trash artwork on display at Argo
- Farm owners confident of beating pit deadline
- Nature lover fumes over illegal dumping
- Bluebird spycam a hit at Warwick Academy
- Blue-striped grunt fishing ban at East End
- Water-quality testing starts at top beaches
- Eco art highlights threat of ocean plastics
- Researchers checking if seaweed is a threat
- Longtail chick hatches on camera
- Bluebird eggs set to hatch
- Viral video of eel circulating
- Watch a longtail chick hatch
- Local lionfish grow faster and larger
- Good Friday trash collection
- Waste management officers meet
- West End walkers explore hidden parts
- Hundreds hone their gardening skills
- Island may have turned corner on bee numbers
- Area residents pleased with Shelly Bay plans
- Plastics dangers from hand to sea to mouth
- Warning: do not swim with whales
- Government backs LED lightbulb exchange
- Greenrock pleased with Earth Hour turnout
- Learn about the environment at Spittal Pond
- Dolphin meeting for young ocean stewards