The Government will not withdraw its controversial plan to bring the Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission under ministerial control, tourism minister Jamahl Simmons said yesterday.
Mr Simmons, moments after Cheryl-Ann Mapp was announced as the...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Nov 22, 2017 12:01 am
The Government will not withdraw its controversial plan to bring the Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission under ministerial...
- Nov 22, 2017 12:01 am
Jeanne Atherden has been sworn in as Leader of the Opposition by John Rankin, the Governor, at a brief ceremony this afternoon...
- Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm
New One Bermuda Alliance leader Jeanne Atherden has pledged to increase diversity within her party and to connect with the...
- Nov 20, 2017 12:01 am
An ageing well committee chaired by Government MP Derrick Burgess was announced this afternoon by David Burt, the...
- Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm
Bermuda’s sewage treatment and energy infrastructure are in line for upgrades after the Bermuda Government announced it is...
- Nov 17, 2017 11:10 am
Developer Michael MacLean abandoned court proceedings after he failed to win $156 million in compensation for the voiding of...
- Nov 17, 2017 3:22 pm
Violent crime in Bermuda is a public health crisis, national security minister Wayne Caines told Parliament this...
- Nov 17, 2017 11:21 am
Alan Dunch has branded new legislation giving politicians power over casinos as a “potentially sad and seriously backward”...
- Nov 15, 2017 12:01 am
A lack of regulation for betting shops could raise red flags when the island’s anti-money laundering measures are investigated...
- Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am
Roadside breath tests will be introduced this year.
David Burt, the Premier, said at the House of Assembly on Friday...
- Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am
- MPs debate gang violence
- Simmons sharpens knife for Dunch
- Burt defiant over Paradise Papers
- Pledge to tackle unfair debt collection
- Burgess: BLDC heads were maligned by report
- Burt to address ‘Paradise Papers’ issue
- Brown defends Domestic Partnership Bill
- Cannonier in fresh leadership bid
- Bermuda no place to hide money, says Premier
- Burt insists 14 of 21 pledges complete
- Elder statesman Burrows dies
- Burt claims 14 of 21 pledges completed
- Disappointed at retreat to corridors of spin
- Crockwell warned of casino delays
- Bill to replace gay marriage is unveiled
- Immigration points system proposed
- New Bill will ‘protect Bermudian nationals’
- Corbyn ‘misinformed’ over Bermuda comments
- Packwood demands more from Bermuda First
- ‘Rows about AC35 risk damaging reputation’
- OBA to decide new leader at conference
- Immigration working group delivers report
- Travel bill since PLP took office is $27,000
- Cabinet stalling on America’s Cup report release
- Bermuda First ‘must help those at bottom’
- Kramer: Bermuda First could work this time
- 100 days: MPs must get on the ‘same page’
- Bermuda First group reformed
- Communication makes progress hard to judge
- 100 days: a look at the progress made
- Foggo tours post office centre
- Simons speaks out on sexual harassment
- ‘Great interest’ in tech hub
- Airport agreement under review
- National Certification Scheme to be enforced
- Famous earns ovation with maiden speech
- Team Street Safe receives $50,000
- New body set up to look at tax structure
- House: ABIC partners middle schools
- House: warning over cost of obesity
Kimathi lawyer pays price for poor conduct
Simmons defiant over gaming
‘Bermuda calling’ marketing ploy a big hit
Families tackle road deaths
Residents want quick fix of farm smells
Get fashionably fit? No sweat
Mathias replaces Kempe in Senate
Cement truck overturns on South Road
Rabain reveals plan for schools
Smith to take over from Hayward at BEST
Island risking moral bankruptcy
CedarBridge celebrates 20 years
Dan is running round the world
Views make this jewel stand out
A valuable lesson in the art of asking
Take Our Poll