Temporary closure of police station
Somerset Police Station was closed until further notice after it lost part of its roof during Hurricane Humberto.
Officers and staff were temporarily relocated to the Dockyard Marine & Community Policing office.
Nobody was hurt in the incident when the island was battered by winds on Wednesday.
A Bermuda Police Service spokesman said yesterday: “A full assessment of the damage is taking place and members of the public are advised to avoid the property until the building is fully repaired.”
He said western parish residents can use the main police phone number 295-0011 or visit the Dockyard police office at 2 Sally Port Lane, Dockyard, next to the Makin’ Waves store.
Case against Tokunbo dismissed
New walk-in clinic delayed
Second councillor quits in St George
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Somerset steps up for Troy
Drink-driver injured motorcyclist in crash
Awards for five artists
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive